The latest dance news from Ceroc Vancouver
Spring Ball 2014Thursday, March 20th at the Cambrian Hall
It's that time of the year when you can wow everyone with your impressive dress sense as well as your impressive dance moves! One fun lesson at 8pm and then freestyle all the way to 11pm!
BFFF nightsNext BFFF night: Tuesday, April 1st at the Polish Vets Hall
A Bring Friends For Free night at Ceroc means that if you are a member you can bring as many non-member friends along as you like. You pay the usual $12, they pay nothing, but will buy you drinks all night! Doors open at 7:30pm, beginner lesson at 7:45pm.
Ceroc X Mini-ChampsThursday, April 17th at the Cambrian Hall
As a way to challenge our dancers, and for a bit of fun, we are hosting a Mini Championships based on the Ceroc X routine. You get 8 Ceroc moves to dance. That's it! Everyone will be dancing the same moves.
How will you win?? That's up to you.
You can dance any or all of the 8 moves, and you can dance them in any order. You cannot add any additional moves into the repertoire. The judges will not be looking for technical accuracy, or your ability to remember all of the 8 moves. They will be looking for "your stylistic interpretations of the moves, your musicality, and the originality of your performance." So there you have it!!
There will be 2 categories: (1) Fixed partner (grab someone and start practising together from now on!) and (2) Lucky Dip (you'll be assigned a random partner at the event, so get practising now anyway!).
There's something for everyone at this event. The evening will start with a quick beginner lesson to get everyone warmed up, and there will be plenty of freestyle time for non-competitors.
Ceroc X teaching dates:
- PVA Hall Feb 18 Section A
- PVA Hall Feb 25 Section B
- Cambrian Mar 6 Section A
- Cambrian Mar 13 Section B
After that you'll have to practise at home and during freestyle at Ceroc nights.
When you start practising with your partner, follow these steps:
- Try to learn the moves (or some of the moves) by memory first. You will not feel confident with styling or exhibit your best performance if you are worrying about what move to do next.
- Watch the styling videos below and try all the tips. Some may not suit your style, but it will be a good opportunity to explore the moves and get your creative juices flowing!
- Listen to the 3 selected tracks. Think about how you would dance to this song in freestyle. Are there any opportunities for flair and musicality?
- Start experimenting with your own styling tips. Remember your job is to grab the judges’ attention and stand out from the crowd. How are you and your partner going to make your performance unique and memorable?
Once you register your entry with Kerry, you will be given access to hidden Youtube links exclusive to Ceroc X competitors.
Here are your 3 Ceroc X songs: